Skip to main content

ASSURE IS VERY HELPFUL 3.7.4

The whole new experience of lesson planning using ASSURE is getting more interesting. I have now attempted to write objectives, select media and materials using all this to come up with an almost complete lesson plan. You are actually in position to visualise your lesson before hand much more clearly than before. I have even come up with a plan B that ensures that nothing really goes wrong. I want to try out this lesson and see how it gets along when I am done with the whole lesson plan.

We have continued to discuss with friends in the group forum and everyone seems to be so enthusiastic about this experience. At first, it was difficult to detect flaws in sample ASSURE lesson plans but I can now do it with ease. In the group forum, I have been able to detect when objectives are not stated well especially when they lack the measurement criteria.

Comments

  1. Your blog is looking great. I like that comment about visualising. It is a sign of good planning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bring Your Own Device 7.5.4

I was not so familiar with BYOD until after this lesson. It was something that I associated with the corporate world (and not the classroom) - with big organisations allowing their employees to bring their own devices to work as a measure of motivating them with the feeling of greater contribution to the company. BYOD assumes many models in classroom learning which generally allow learners to bring their own devices to school. The devices brought may or may not be dictated upon by the school but, ideally, must be those that support the teaching and learning process. Looking at BYOD now in the classroom context,it is to me more of a challenge than an idea to implement. I see it as something that is long over due and I consider myself little bit behind schedule with a lot to get done. I have particularly taken interest in the cell phone as a device I feel would bring more success in meeting teaching and learning objectives in my classroom. Why you may ask? Well, it is a device that I ...

WebQuests -- A reflection 6.3.4

WebQuests are an exciting and valuable teaching tool. A well-planned WebQuest has guidance for students, a creative end project with room for flexibility, and links that help answer questions and positively add to the project. A strong WebQuest is designed for students to work independently, allowing the teacher to be a facilitator in students' learning rather than the sole dispenser of knowledge.  WebQuests also have the the adaptive dimension, the ability to make adjustments in educational programs to accommodate students' diverse learning needs. They are the therefore a wonderful way of capturing students' imagination and allowing them to explore in a guided, meaningful manner.  Communication, group work, problem solving, and critical and creative thinking skills are becoming far more important in today's world than having students memorize predetermined content. This is an emphasis of the 21st century skills which are designed to effectively integrate our ...

A PEAK INTO THE NEW - MY FIRST CCTI REVELATION 1.1.4

MY CAREER GOALS My understanding ICT integration into teaching and learning has been totally revolutionised in a recent experience. I love ICT and I am one of those who have been more or less addicted to gadgets - computers, phones and the like. However, after the CCTI introduction I can say that never in my career have I ever been so inspired to re-write my career goals as far as integration of ICT in education is concerned. As a matter of fact I should say never in my life have I been so inspired to write my learning goals as far as integration of ICT in teaching and learning is concerned. Why? Well for starters, I don't think I really knew what integration of ICT in education is until after the CCTI course introduction session. I saw 'the' video during the CCTI introduction session. The video made me know that it is more than showing students animated pictures, videos and using all kinds of computer applications to bring about learning. By you interacting with them thro...